Sign in to follow this  
Raypok

Staking explained:

Admin

Wallet is build up to stake the coins available in your balance. You need to have coins in your balance in order to stake. The more coins you have in your balance, the higher your staking weight, and the more are the rewards you would get. Every block is processed in minutes and the reward is coins for every block that is processed by staking process.

• Staking ROI is between 10 % in year 1, 7% in year 2, 5% in year 3, 1% years after that , this is not a fixed ROI as the staking needs to be done correctly.

Here are the steps: 

• In order to stake, your coins have to mature for 24 hours

• To stake you have to have your wallet unlocked for staking

• After 24 hours, wallet will start mining operation, using your total coins you will have the staking weight.

• The higher the weight, the faster the rewards

• Every balance that has coins, and is staking, it will split in two after staking, giving you more chances to find a block

• Difficulty is retargeted every block, so the more staking addresses you have, the higher the chances to find a block

• If you move the balance (use the coins) your coins will not be mature anymore end they will need another 24 hours to mature.

i read we can get stakes from web wallet with our balance, so even if our main wallet is online for 2 days will our stake weight increase during that time and get extra stake once wallet if online

should the always be online for staking or we can turn if off ?

SUPPORT GUY

Well, while your wallet has to be online to receive stakes, if you are offline, you will still gain weight, which will make getting a stake when you do come back online more likely. For the most part, you should get close to the same amount either way, however having it on staking all the time decreases the effect of luck on the process, so it may help increase your rewards somewhat on the long run since the amount of time at each staking reward level is finite.

Interested to see if there is any recommended formula for improving the yield. My best results so far have come from staking blocks >1,200 PRiV in size

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 12:14 PM, Michael B said:

Interested to see if there is any recommended formula for improving the yield. My best results so far have come from staking blocks >1,200 PRiV in size

Do you mean that you split your amount of priv to 1200 coins each ?

On 10/7/2018 at 5:14 PM, Michael B said:

Same. From time to time, I'll combine all the blocks smaller than 1,000 PRiV.

3 hours ago, ThanosMeL said:

Do you mean that you split your amount of priv to 1200 coins each ?

Yes I use that as a minimum and have larger blocks also

Playing around with coin control and blocks of 1700 coins seemed to slow down staking, now I am trying blocks of 1200.

SUPPORT GUY

I build my stacks in groups of 1280, or 2560, then when they split they break down 2560, 1280, 640, 320, 160, 80, 40. I recombine the small amounts up to around the 40-60 range, wherever I leave off when I have enough for the stack I'm building. I do it once or twice a week, and this way all the smaller stacks I use to recombine usually have the smallest amount of weight since I work my way from the bottom every time. Seems like a sound strategy to me.