crpto

ETH crisis Knocking.

The Ethereum network has been falling, as many heated discussions are being carried on in the name of development. The separation of Ethereum Classic from Ethereum was one of the major incidents which broke the backbone of the network. since it drops from its peak at high as $1347 in January 2018 to $187 in September 2018, Ethereum price could reach $53 soon. while interviewing Vitalik Buterin  Vitalik Buterin in his respond  said "The collapse of ETH is inevitable"

Vitalik even said that the days of Cryptocurrency markets (in short Ethereum) are now history.

read more of the article here and here 

• Thanks 1

There's an element of scaremongering in both those articles, I'm not a massive ETH fan and I don't hold much but I'll happily ride the price waves :)

9 hours ago, crpto said:

Vitalik even said that the days of Cryptocurrency markets (in short Ethereum) are now history.

If Ethereum fails it will probably take a lot of shitcoins with it but i think the strong projects will find alternative platforms or maybe even create their own blockchains.

MOD

i don't think Eth will fail. Eth is widely accepted as payment just after btc. many places i have contacted to ask if they would start taking priv as payment are only accepting btc or Eth. many of the youtube crypto vloggers only accept Eth and btc as payment for their services. this shows that Eth is a trusted payment option.

ethereum always have some hope among the investors because it is the platform for the many tokens so they will keep the ethereum alive if they want to survive here

Many projects are following the same downtrend in this bear market and not only ether, if you have balls of steel its a good time to accumulate in this speculative market.

i heard vitalik is going to launch an updated ethereum blockchain soon.  easier said than done, but i think it has to be done to save the crypto universe from another massive bear run.

I don't think ETH will fail. They have a lot of resources to improve it. It may time but they will fix any problems.  ETH falling in price is just a manifestation of the current bear market.

Ultimately, i doubt that Ethereum will fail but i think that there is massive manipulation of cryptosphere going on at the moment.   Should Ethereum fail, it may be the end of crypto as we know IMO.   In terms of use case alone, i would imagine that if all ERC20 Token values be removed from Crypto market cap, it'll leave a massive dent.  One which i doubt alts would be able to fill.  Its all fun and games though in the end. 

One issue I have with ETH is the inconsistency in gas prices. One day, you can use 1 Gwei and the next day, you need to use 10. 

Yeah this article has been doing rounds on every forum, when BTC has fallen from 19k to 6k there is nothing wrong in ETH falling from 1.3k to $200. I'm a HODLer of ETH and I strongly believe in it.

On 10/8/2018 at 1:26 AM, vectisitch said:

i don't think Eth will fail. Eth is widely accepted as payment just after btc. many places i have contacted to ask if they would start taking priv as payment are only accepting btc or Eth. many of the youtube crypto vloggers only accept Eth and btc as payment for their services. this shows that Eth is a trusted payment option.

I think that there is a connection with most scam projects that come from the ETH platform to date. it greatly affects the trust of most investors towards ICO projects originating from ETH and the use of ETH by volume in the market

Ethereum has fallen, making many people disappointed and even a big loss. But we have to move from this concern and I am sure that at the moment is the lowest price for ethereum and the right time to buy it again.

Ethereum will always be around.  The current low prices are just temporary.  Once the market recovers,  Ethereum will rise in price faster than most other altcoins.  The project is too big to fail.  

I also think the price crash is just temporary. There are tons really good dApps being built and most of them not ready yet. I believe we can start to see launch of all these financial dApps over the next 1-2 years. By that time, the demand for ETH will rise, and the price will catch up again. Keep #holding :)

Vitalik Buterin very tricky. At the time, he sold most of his coins very cheaply. Now it's time to bring them back!

Edited by freecoba

This is Vitalik's private opinion, perhaps intended to manipulate the market. Losing ninety per cent of value is a quite frequent volatility in crypto, it has happened also to Bitcoin. Only time will tell.

well but eth price never drops there though

and as you know in this end of year maybe ASIC for eth will be launched, and might boost price

I think the real reason why ETH price is increasing it's because of the ICOs and they are using ethereum's technology.

Isn't ETH going to switch to POS soon? I wonder how would that affect the price. In theory it should rise since it would be beneficial to hold.